Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Between Study, Career and Life.

As a student and soon to be a graduate, career is one big question that need to be addressed very soon. Back to the time when I was in undergrad, the challenge was not as big as nowadays. In 2001, I was graduated as an engineer and at the same time the telecomm meltdown period also happened. It was such an unpredictable situation as a student who in need to look for a job. However, I landed in one of the Indonesian holding company and not so long jumped again into a multinational company where I spent until 5.5 years there.

Now, in 2009 with a Master of Business Administration degree and financial crisis everywhere, surely "where am I heading to?" become a serious question. The choice of study in business school came to my thought in 2004 and it took me about 3 years to realize it and another 2 years to accomplish it. After having the MBA degree, there will be more opportunities and challenges come along the way. It is just a matter of fit and proper choice of career then, and the rest is just working for your life and career.
Life is very important to me. I only live once and how I live my life is something that I will remember for the rest of my life. Well, I should find a career track that support"work-life balance" then. What do you mean by "work-life"?Probably, some of you asked that? Well, it simply means that you can still fulfill your personal life with joy and at the same time earn a successful career. Nothing to be sacrificed upon getting the other's supremacy.

How about you? Do you want to have "work-life balance" in your career as well?
I bet you do. The difference is only from how you interpret the balance.
So, make your choices and fulfill them. Good luck!

No comments: